Childcare Provision for the Children of Key Workers
Longtown Primary School has been closed since Tuesday to support the Local Authority plan of having local area Hubs to provide childcare for the children of key workers.
This will ensure that many schools are deep-cleaned and that local areas reduce the number of staff attending, in-line with government guidance.
The childcare for children of key workers from our school will be based at Warwick Bridge School during the hours of 8.30am to 5pm
- We will aim to ensure that a member of staff from our school is in attendance every day. Obviously we cannot guarantee this due to the changing nature of this crisis and the potential for staff illness etc.
- By requesting a place in the Hub, we are assuming that you are accepting the need for us to share relevant information; such as contact details, Education Health Care Plans etc. Please contact me if you wish to discuss this.
- All volunteer staff, no matter which school they are from, will have photo ID and DBS details with them each day. This will be checked by the Hub.
- Children will remain with pupils they know from their own school wherever possible.
- Social and physical distancing measures will be in place at all times.
- There will continually be regular contact between headteachers to ensure the highest level of care and behaviour.
- If you are requesting your child has a place can you please give school 72 hours notice to ensure we are able to send a voluntary member of staff. Please do so my contacting Lauren Hitchen on Dojo.
- Lunches won’t be provided so please give your child a packed lunch.
We know that these are difficult times for everyone and want to assure you that we will continue to support you and your children as much as we possibly can during the coming days and weeks.