DO YOU SHARE OUR PASSION TO INSPIRE EVERY YOUNG PERSON TO REACH THEIR POTENTIAL?
We are currently recruiting for the following posts:
For details of all vacancies within Cumbria Education Trust please visit: http://www.cumbriaeducationtrust.org/vacancies/
Teacher (0.6 FTE)
Part-time temporary role from 4 January 2019 to 29 March 2019.
Salary: Main Payscale
The trustees of our happy and rapidly improving school, with superb facilities located in the outskirts of Carlisle, seek to employ an outstanding practitioner who is creative, imaginative, highly motivated and vibrant to teach a class of delightful children. Longtown Primary School is part of the Cumbria Education Trust, leading the way in education in North Cumbria. The role presents an exciting opportunity to join the school at a pivotal time and be part of our vision of providing an inspiring and innovative education for the pupils at Longtown.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and energetic class teacher to join us from 4th January 2019.
The successful candidate will:
- Be an excellent communicator committed to being part of an effective team within the whole school community
- Set high expectations and have a commitment to challenging learners to achieve well
- Be a passionate, caring and inspirational teacher
- Be self-motivated and reliable
- Be enthusiastic about current research on thinking skills and building learning power
We can offer:
- A commitment to your personal and professional development.
- Excellent facilities in an enviable location.
- The school is committed to safeguarding children and an enhanced DBS disclosure will be required.
Visits to the school are warmly welcomed. Please contact Alison Mitchinson to make an appointment or an informal chat.
The closing date for applications is 29 November 2018 at 9.00am and interviews will be held shortly after that date.
Local Advisory Board (LAB) members
Cumbria Education Trust is actively recruiting new Local Advisory Board (LAB) members:
Are you enthusiastic about the success and well-being of the School, its pupils and its staff?
Would you like the opportunity to work alongside other members in the best interests of the School and its community, and be part of a team who actively promote and support the School’s vision and values?
The Local Advisory Board (LAB) is crucial in helping our school to raise their standards. A variety of professionals, business people, educationalists and parents, volunteer their time and expertise for the benefit of our young people. Harnessing their talents and recognising the impact that they have is critical.
There are three different types of LAB members:
- Sponsor Board members (term of office 4 years, appointed by the CET Board)
- Parent Board members (term of office 3 years, appointed by the CET Board)
- Staff Board members (term of office 3 years, appointed by Staff election if there is more than one nomination)
If you are interested in being a part of a successful, well run school by joining our Local Advisory Board, please contact Mrs L Hewson (Clerk to the Trust Board and LABs) email@example.com or telephone 016977 45300.
This is a voluntary post, subject to DBS clearance.
Please add a supporting letter or statement to your application.
Please email your applications to firstname.lastname@example.org and include a supporting letter or statement. Ensure that you give contact telephone numbers (daytime and evening) and, if possible contact numbers and email addresses for your referees.
Longtown Primary School and Cumbria Education Trust are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and we will check the suitability of staff to work with children. Applicants must be willing to undergo an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check and overseas police checks (where applicable). Please see the Trust’s Safeguarding and Recruitment Policies for further details.
The links below are relevant to all positions listed above:
Notice to Applicants
Policy Statement on the recruitment of ex-offenders