We believe that Mathematics is essential to everyday life. It is of central importance within our ever-changing world. Critical within Science, engineering and technology. Mathematical and financial literacy are necessary requirements for future employment and, indeed, independent life. Our progressive, high-quality curriculum provides the basis for this principle. We are committed to ensuring that all of our children enjoy mathematics, experience success in the subject and fulfil their individual potential. We aim to deliver a curriculum that is accessible to all and maximises outcomes for all. To support this, we are committed to the ongoing continued professional development of staff within our school and their individual subject knowledge.
In line with the National Curriculum (2014), our aim is to ensure all children:
- Become fluent in the fundamentals of Mathematics.
- Can recall know facts, rapidly and apply learnt knowledge, accurately.
- Are able to reason mathematically with increasing sophistication as the curriculum progresses.
- Can solve problems and apply mathematics. In different contexts.
- Use and understand a wide range of age-appropriate mathematical language to discuss, explain and justify their mathematical thinking and reasoning.
- Develop Concrete Pictorial and Abstract methods to scaffold their understanding of key mathematical concepts.
- Apply mathematical knowledge across the curriculum in different subjects.
- Relate mathematical knowledge and skills to real-life situations.
- Consolidate concepts through repetition and timely intervention where necessary.