Membership of the PTA is automatic for all parents and carers of children at Longtown Primary School. You can become involved in a variety of ways; attending meetings, voicing your ideas, volunteering, or simply just supporting. You can give as little or as much of your time, energy and support to PTA events as you wish.
The PTA helps the school in two important ways. It encourages activities of all kinds aimed at promoting the education and welfare of the children, and it assists the school financially to supplement and improve equipment and facilities.
Our most popular events have included;
- Halloween Disco
- Christmas Market
- Easter Bingo
- Mother’s Day Bake Sale
- Summer Fair
All the money raised last year has been put to good use already:
- Christmas Market, £155.25
- Christmas Dinner & class party refreshments, £68.40
- Christmas presents for whole school, £490.50
- Easter Bingo & Bonnet/Egg comp prizes, £139.14
- Money towards class trips, £464
- Breakfast Club, £345
- New furniture for Key Stage 1, £2,000
- Year 6 leavers hoodies & bowling trip, £630.37
- Attendance prizes & treats, £1,020
- Summer fair, £110
- Lollies for Sports Day, £40 (children were given these in class time)
This year we will be running the most popular events again and looking for new ideas. We really appreciate any time and support we receive and are always looking for new members to join our regular meetings or just to help. If you are interested in getting involved, please contact Becky Hall (PTA Chair) or Mrs Floyd (headteacher). We would love to see you at any of our meetings or events!
Keep an eye out for our first meeting which will be posted on here, the PTA Facebook page and up in school.